Friday, November 19, 2010

there came me....

momma was a good lil’ girl.. till daddy come along,
got a ticket to the concert show.. where she heard him sing his song,
and she was gone…
gone… aint never been back again,
yeah she was gone.. lonnnnggg gone,
like a gypsy flower blowin’ in the wind,

a few months later in some town... on down the road,
the sheriff shining his spot light.. caught himself quite a show,
ohhhh.. there they were,
high as hell.. swimmin’ naked in the creek,
whooo-ohhh-ohhh... and 9 months later,
whooooo-ooooohhhhh.. there come me,

wild and free,
whoo-oohhh... a gypsy child born upon a dream,
whoooo-ohhhh-ohhh… there come me,

momma'd sing me lullabies at night.. while daddy was on the road,
we’d sit and count the days and nights… till daddy’d be comin’ home,
so we could sing,
lord yes we gonna sing,
whooo-ohhh-ohhhh, mom, and dad, and me,

then one day uncle sam come calling.. took daddy on off to war,
he come back home a few years later.. but he didn’t sing no more,
it must have been,
alllllll the damn things he’d done and seen,
nooo-ohh-ohhh.. but when he come home... no longer would he sing,

some years later I went and found me... daddy's old guitar,
taught myself to pick a tune... and now'owwwww here we are,

wild and free,
whoo-oohhh-ohhh... a gypsy child born upon a dream,
whoooo-ohhhh-ohhh… here come me,

one day i come home high as hell... trying to sneak in the back door,
and I caught daddy listenin’ to my songs.. tapping his feet on the floor,
just like a dream,
ohhhohh-how sweet it was when I heard daddy sing,
whooo-ohhh-ohhh... there come me,

as you can see, whhhoooo-ohhh-ohhh,
I never chose this life, nooo-ooohh-ohh it done choooose me,
whooohhh-oohhh-ohhh... wild and free,
whhooo-ohhh.. a gypsy child born upon a dream,

whooo-ohhh-ohhh.. there come me

(fading)
momma was a good lil girl.. till daddy came along,
got a ticket to the concert show.. where she heard him sing his song,
whoo-ohhh-ohh, and then came me….

No comments:

Post a Comment