Sunday, December 11, 2011

Why won't you talk to me

Somewhere on that dance hall floor,
I first caught that pretty smile,
Every detail left etched in my brain,
But it took me quite a while,

Eventually worked up the nerve,
to ask you for your name,
since that magic moment,
nothing's ever quite felt the same,

But now it's seems we have drifted,
And why I just don't see,
Ohhh, Rachel why won't you talk to me...

Sitting on that boat dock,
nestled underneath the stars,
Feeling the warmth as our souls touched,
holding each other in our arms,

Talking about hidden beauty,
That people just dont see,
Ohhhh, Rachel why won't you talk to me...

What could I have done that could have been so wrong,
left me here feeling so lost and alone,

If you could just give me some kind of sign,
Telling me how I could make it right,
Don't make me spend one more restless night,

Trying to figure out just what could it be,
Ohhh, Rachel why won't you talk to me...

Who could have done you so wrong,
left you so afraid to let anyone close,
And baby I just wish you would know that's not me,
Ohhh Rachel, why won't you talk to me,

If you could only give me a chance,
Don't let the past deny a romance,

It may be enough to help to battered souls,
Find a light to help lead them home,

And that might just be enough to set them free,
Ohhh, Rachel why won't you talk to me....
Ohhh-ohhhh, Rachel why won't you talk to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment