Sunday, September 26, 2010

found my way to new orleans...

I mighta got lost on my way to heaven,
But I found my way to new Orleans,
Tasted some of that jambalaya,
And had a dance with a Cajun queen,

Met some lovely ladies from Mississippi,
Feasted in some crawfish pie,
Yeah this might not be heaven,
But if it ain't I don't wanna die,

All these pretty ladies,
Said they like the way I move my feet,
Somehow that hillbilly shuffle,
Moves right along to the Cajun beat,

Music on every street corner,
From miles and miles you hear the trumpets blare,
Yeah for those nights in bourbon,
Lord I didn't have a care,

Yeah I got lost on the way to heaven,
But I found my way to New Orleans,
Feasted on some jambalaya,
Must have danced with every Cajun queen,

Met some ladies from Mississippi,
Said they loved the way I moved my feet,
It's kinda funny how the hillbilly shuffle,
Moves right along to the Cajun beat,

Ain't to many places left in this country,
Where you can still find people dancing in the street,
I might not ever find my way to heaven,
But i thank god for New Orleans.....

No comments:

Post a Comment