Monday, September 27, 2010

the perfect words for your song...

I guess I left you waiting
here alone to long
While I was out there searching
for the perfect words to write your song

hell I can't blame
in your shoes I'd probably do the same,
Oh hell maybe not me,
but anyone with half a brain,

I hear you booked the big hall,
Up on the east side of town,
you know if we would ever did it,
that ain't the way it woulda went down,
hell if you woulda ran with me,
We'd still be out rambling round,

I guess I left you waiting,
here alone to long,
While i was out there searching,
For the perfect words for your song,

hell no one can blame you,
he was the safer way,
he can promise you tomorrow,
all i can offer is today,

he better hold you close beside him,
when you need to cry,
he better stand there waiting to catch you,
when you want to fly,

will he cry into his pillow,
drunken whiskey tears,
thinking of you to the jukebox,
With every sad song he hears,

will he chase away the waitress,
who wanted to take him home,
by boring her with sob stories,
of how he did you wrong,

hell no one can blame you,
he was the safer way,
he'll promise you tomorrow,
I barely made it here today,

I guess it's he that can offer you,
all the things you need,
but would he be walk here through the night to see you,
so far his feet bleed,

I don't have much to offer,
just good luck and goodbye,
and the knowing that you'll stay in my heart
as the years pass us bye,

I guess I left you waiting,
here alone way to long,
while I was out there searching,
for the perfect words for your song,

No comments:

Post a Comment