Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Only ever free with you

Spent my days living off a shoe string,
Bumming around from town to town,
Used this ol guitar to earns few nickels,
To fill that ol bottle not deep enough to drown,

They told me I lived the good life,
Nothing or no one to hold me down,
Truth was I was running from my own demons,
Running so fast no one could slow me down,

But then one day somewhere along that path,
I somehow stumbled into your world,
And the feelings were nothing short of redemption,
For how I felt around this girl,

See I was hiding from tomorrow,
And running from yesterday,
Never took the time to realize,
How much I'd let slip away,

But when I got lost in that pretty smile,
And I first felt those gentle hands,
You brought me back from somewhere so far away,
And helped me remember who I am,

And now you say your leaving,
That you got to set me free,
And see freedom was all I ever wanted,
So don't you just love the irony,

After all my years of rambling,
No chains that I was tied down to,
You tell me to enjoy my freedom,
But Babe you were the only freedom i ever knew,

you tell me to enjoy my freedom,
But Babe you were the only freedom i ever knew,

No comments:

Post a Comment