Monday, April 23, 2012

im not over you no more

looked in the mirror this morning, said damn it boy your doing well, down twenty pounds since April, and that new dew wears you well, hit in the winning run on friday, and left with the waitresses number that night, just one of those times when you can say, hey man everything is going right, sat down for myself some spring cleaning, out with the old i guess they say, making room for new begginings, making room for brighter days, until i opened up that dresser drawer... that that old picture came falling down, those pretty eyes just seemed to watch me, the whole way to the ground, and with it my heart went falling all the way down to the floor, and just like that it's safe to say im not over you no more... ohhh-whoooo-ohhh, ohhh-oohhhh-ohhh, those memories, whooo-oooohhh-oooo, won't let me be, ohhh-whooo-ohhh, ohh-ohhh, nooo-oohhhh, ohhh-yeahhhh, they wont let go of me, if i could turn this whole damn around, stop it spinning in it's tracks, whooo-ooohhh-ohhh, ohhh-ohhh-ohhh-ohhh yeah, just to have one more day back, ive been wrestling with those memories, keep playing over and over in my head, and i thought by now that they'd be over, until that picture fell next to the bed, the bed that we made so much sweet love in, where i got to hold heaven in my arms, and even after all the hell ive raised with the devil, ill never forgive him for that scar, ohhh-for how he let me hurt you, and for how-ooowww-owww i let my pride chase you away, and i wonder if you ever think of me, or if you just through those memories away, yeah you can say ive been doing great without you, really seemed lately to get things right, but if you could see my heart from the inside, it would be such an awful sight, i thought id finally made my peace with it, thought id finally closed that door, but now i guess its safe to say, im not over you no more, ohhh-whoooo-ohhh, ohhh-oohhhh-ohhh, those memories, whooo-oooohhh-oooo, won't let me be, ohhh-whooo-ohhh, ohh-ohhh, nooo-oohhhh, ohhh-yeahhhh, they wont let go of me, if i could turn this whole damn around, stop it spinning in it's tracks, whooo-ooohhh-ohhh, ohhh-ohhh-ohhh-ohhh yeah, just to have one more day back, everyone tells me i just need to let it go, that better days will come my way, truth is the world without you, it's such a damn lonely place, and i can fake my way through the motions, and i can put on quite a show, show the world that im a better man, so hopefully they'll never know, how deep my shame runs for how i lost what, how my heart stopped beating in my chest, chased away by yesterdays demons, that i just couldnt lay to rest, ohhh-whoooo-ohhh, ohhh-oohhhh-ohhh, those memories, whooo-oooohhh-oooo, won't let me be, ohhh-whooo-ohhh, ohh-ohhh, nooo-oohhhh, ohhh-yeahhhh, they wont let go of me, if i could turn this whole damn around, stop it spinning in it's tracks, whooo-ooohhh-ohhh, ohhh-ohhh-ohhh-ohhh yeah, just to have one more day back, and i may never again, get to hold you, but your memories wont ever let me go, holding on so damn tight to what is left of, this broke and batter soul, and what id give for one more day to love you, to show you how i could be a better man, but whose to say i wouldnt stumble with my vices, and chase you all the way, away again, ohh-whoooo-ohhh, ohhh-oohhhh-ohhh, those memories, whooo-oooohhh-oooo, won't let me be, ohhh-whooo-ohhh, ohh-ohhh, nooo-oohhhh, ohhh-yeahhhh, they wont let go of me, so ill bury this back down deep inside me, pretend that i just let it go, put this show back on for the world around me, so only me and your memory will know,

No comments:

Post a Comment